🐶 Certified Dog Trainer
🐕 Certified Behavioral Specialist
Education in dog training:
- Graduated Starmark Academy 12-Week Program
- Officially Certified Canine Trainer and Certified Behavioral Specialist – 2014
- Professional Member of the International Association of Canine Professionals
- Ethology Institute Certifications for:
● Ethology and Behaviorism
● Animal Welfare
● Canine Problem Behavior
● All About Puppies
- Dr. Alden Chadbourne, DVM of Stoneledge Animal Hospital – Pet Safety and First Aid
- Bridging the Gap – The Art of Meaningful Communication – Sarah Fulcher and Chad Mackin
- Schutzhund 101/Obedience workshop with Teri Phelan Robinson
- An Intro to Socialization and Large Field Socialization with Chad Mackin & Jason Vasconi
- Quiet Dog Daycare Workshop to help with Developing Good Social Dogs
- Ivan Balabanov Seminar: The Possession Game
- Beyond Dog Daycare with Teena Patel
- Mastering the Remote Collar with Tyler Muto
- Tracking for Schutzhund with Chloé N. Ling
- Schutzhund Working Seminar with Frank Phillips
- Tracking for Search and Rescue, Police, and Schutzhund with Dick Staal
- STSK9 Seminar with Nino Drowaert – Ultimate Control – Puppy University
- 2019 IACP Conference – Multiple Short Seminars on dog training, business and health
My passion for animals has been with me all my life. At one point I directed it to working with dogs by being employed at a Dog Daycare. After gaining some experience working with dogs for four years, I found I have an obsession with our canine companions and pursued it. I initially gained experience training dogs from attending Starmark Academy, previously named Triple Crown Academy, as well as running my own personal training business for two years. While attending Starmark Academy I had to undergo twelve weeks of rigorous dog training, education and the responsibility of the well-being of the dogs that were in my care. My education included several different approaches to training, dog psychology, as well as experience working with different breeds and temperaments of dogs. When Green Dog Academy came into its second year, I had many more opportunities to address many different behavioural issues ranging from aggression to anxiety.
Now, I have been furthering my education by looking at many other aspects of human and dog relationships. As well as reading the most up-to-date facts, books, articles and attending seminars all about dogs. Building a dog’s confidence and enriching their lives with their species-specific needs is what truly puts a smile on my face. With all of this knowledge, I am now able to cater to each dog with the best possible chance of teaching them how to navigate our hectic human world. I do this by applying the right training method to the dog’s temperament. As well as, assessing the dog’s social personality to give them an opportunity to flourish in a dog pack. Every dog is different in their own way. From their breed type, to whom they are as an individual; by accommodating to their breed type and personalities, I can teach them in ways that they will understand and fulfill their own desires.
I can finally give back to all of those that have helped me. I am here to help educate the masses on why it’s important to have; boundaries with your dog, clear communication, an understanding of dog body language, how dog thinks, the outlet for your dog to be satisfied, and how to build a great relationship with you and your canine. More importantly, I want to keep things simple for us as humans to understand but also have a new way to look at our dogs to understand them on a much deeper level. This was something I craved as a child and as an adult because I grew up with dogs and even had a few bad experiences with the dogs we owned, quite a few. Looking back now, just a little bit of education and training could have changed everything! Now, what appeals to me the most about this profession is getting the chance to help others avoid the problems we had dealt with and change the course for the outcome of the dog. I am finally doing something I love with my life and enjoy working with anyone and everyone.
Feel free to contact me for further information via email and we will get you and your dog on the right path to a happy home!